Click on the links below to join the conversations on life, love and everything...

Session 1 Blue Card Messages

@GILANG: Mmm, 2 mobile phones, very suspicious. @TAMA: "Awesome" is in the eye of the beholder. @LISA: Ok, I will call you Liren, then. @IRINA: Ok, I will look for stories about you in business magazines in 5-7 years from now. @WIRA: So, are you following the rugby World Cup right now on the TV? @GHINA: I am also a 'cat person' (and not a 'dog person'); when I was a teenager we had 25 cats in my home. @LIDYA: No chit-chat with close friends in my class please!!! @ANDY: Perhaps you should have chosen to do Film Studies at university. @DINI: What did you cook as your celebration meal when you heard that you had been accepted at UGM after dreaming about it for so long? [Note the tenses I used.] @ANGGA: When you pluck up courage to ask her out, just be yourself and see what happens. @RINDU: You will get used my fast speech! Me talking naturally is more beneficial for you in the long run. @KARIN: Happy Birthday [last week]! Ouch! I forgot to give you cake and presents. @REZA: How come you were born in South Africa? @NICOLAS: The Indonesian fruit juice that amazed me when I arrived here 20 years ago was 'sirsak' (the Dutch call it 'soursop' I think], and it's still my favourite juice today. @FATHAN: My favourite football team is St.Albans City in England. @ADDINI: May your pencils forever be sharp, and your mind forever full of images that you must get down on paper! @ADIS: Where is Dumai? Why did you move around so much when you were a child? @NADIA(2): Thank you for your kind words about my class; you get an extra point. @HABIB: Which pictures am I supposed to be happy to see? @AMEL: Tell us about some of the 'moodboosters' you like to use. @ADRIEN: 'Nasi Goreng Ayam' is indeed delicious but Yogyakarta - being a university city - has all kinds of food from just about every single province; enjoy the culinary exploration! @BAGUS (CAKTI): Perhaps you have an interesting photograph that we could use for a caption competition or discussion topic? (Same goes for Sani.) @IRON: Er... Ok, I promise not to send you any "creepy or perverted" texts! @SANI: In what way are you "unconventional"? @MENTARI: How much would you charge to knit me a pair of gloves? @YOEL: Which games have been your favourites over the last 12 months? @BAGAS: In what way are you "dangerous"? @GABBY: I look forward to you demonstrating your perfectionism in the EWS class! @SHAY: Well, well, I'm happy to hear you are a "sensation"... but what do you mean exactly? @GERRY: Have you passed any exams for playing the piano? @GIZTI: What does "...as in Martini" mean? @DONY: Deciding to study at FEB is the first step along the road towards becoming a "smart entrepreneur". @NOVI: Where had you lived before you moved to Yogya 6 years ago? [Notice the tense I used.] @RANIA: If your hobby is playing computer then we can expect many blog contributions from you, right? @AYA: You like movies; do you have a favourite one about parrots? @ASDI: Do you make music as well as listen to it? @DHIRA: I don't think "veil" is the right word because in English it means something that covers the face; "headscarf" perhaps? I usually use the Indonesian word. @BAGUZ: What are the advantages and disdadvantages of being "just an ordinary man"? @NADIA: Thank you for your kind words about my class; should I prepare a brown envelope for you?

24 comments:

  1. Yep I do,but I don't make music that often.
    I am used to playing another famous band's songs at my band and going to have some shows,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually my moodboosters are snack,blackberry,dvd etc.I guess i'm too addicted to that things hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, my name 'Shay' derived from ancient Hebraic word means 'sensation' in English. Pretty awesome no? ^^ it supposed to be a guy's name, but i use anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I'll try, Adrian :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will, Adrian. Just wait and see :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Adrian: do you like photography, Sir ? I like, but I'm not that good in making a photograph, I'm still a newbie :D . By the way that's a good idea..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Bagus: It was one of my childhood hobbies. We (my dad and I) used to develop our own black and white pictures in a makeshift dark room. I had a very old Rolleiflex [that looked like this: http://tinyurl.com/62x4f9n ] that had a viewfinder that you had to look DOWN into, and we also had a Nikon. When I was a child we used to take slides rather than photos when we went on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Adrian : Ok, that's why you're my favorite lecture. Because you're a cat person :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im dangerous because i know how to fight against alligator , how to eat worm, how to face a tornado haha because the class in iup full of cruelty, so we need that skill

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh god you have to give extra credit there for Bagas Adrian hahaha that made me laugh hahahahah.

    Yeah i have 2 numbers because my friends and cousins usually still calls my old number. I'm too lazy to give them my new number and i don't know why i just still want to use my old one hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Gilang: re: 2 mobile phones: For friends and cousins? No, it's more interesting to imagine that you are trying to keep two romantic relationships going BUT separate and secret from each other. And it's even MORE interesting to imagine that you in fact need to have 5 mobile phones and that you are trying to keep the other three relationships secret from me and the rest of U214 Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Bagaskara: There will be no alligators or edible worms or removing insects from our ears in the EWS class until AFTER the Mid-Semester Exam. That's a promise. It's specified on the syllabus I submitted to the faculty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Adrian: U214 crew, sounds like a submarine

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ andianugerah: If you are suggesting that we conduct the whole EWS course underwater, then I'm afraid the answer is no.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Final Fantasy is my favourite game. Especially final fantasy IX. You can play it on Playstation One. The game is very fantastic. There are romantic and action scene mixed perfectly so the story of the game is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ur the coolest tutor i have eva met <3 no homo

    ReplyDelete
  17. @adrian : yeah It's true I agree hihi :) anyway I'm curious what we'll we do in friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @adrian : okay just let say it is 'kerudung' ;) see ya on friday! looking forward to your every single class!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @aldrian not really, because i don't have cable tv rite here.. but i always checked the score through it's official website and sometime checked the highlights on youtube.. so sad that i can go to new zealand to watch it..

    ReplyDelete
  20. @adrian: yep, actually I have one recommended movie about parrot and friends is RIO, I loved the ost, the dobbing sound, and the story. have you watch it guys? If you want to watch new movie (online) for free you can visit this web www.movie2k.to

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Adrian: it's okay.. Just give me A mark as the present. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Adrian : I had lived in a small town near Semarang. I won't mention the name of that town because it's not popular and not everyone knows it.

    ReplyDelete